“It will come to you, this love of the land. There’s no gettin’ away from it if you’re Irish.” – Gerald O’Hara, Gone With the Wind

Monday, July 4, 2011

and heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss






On Saturday, Ariel and I woke up at the awful-awful hour of 6am to go see the Cliffs of Moher! Seriously, I don't know how I woke up at 5:45 every morning for high school.

We took a tour bus to go see the cliffs, which in all honesty was part good, part bad. I really liked that the tour stopped at several locations along the way and back, so we got to see more of the area, than just the cliffs. But what I didn't like was sometimes they would charge you extra for the places they were taking you, and they didn't mention that on the website, so you were stuck.

For instance, we stopped at a cave along the way, which was really cool, but they charged us an extra 5 euro for it. Oh well! It reminded me of when I was in 4th grade and went to Lurray Caverns, and Ariel said the same. (Thinking back to 4th grade, I think my major concern was whether or not Anne of Green Gables was actually a real person and if we would become best friends, ahem kindred spirits).

We also stopped at another site that has to do something with some rocks. I'll be honest, I don't really know. It was something about a burial site and if you get in between the rocks you could connect with the dead, and that's when I stopped listening. Ew. Just looks like a mini-Stonehenge to me.

I just don't get the hype. It's just a bunch of rocks.

Sorry for being so un-cultural right now! But I just don't get those rocks. At least now I know I don't have a burning desire to go see Stonehenge before I die.

But now, the cliffs...the cliffs I can appreciate :)





They are just as breathtaking as in the pictures you see online, and they are one of the most visited spots in all of Ireland. (And yes, they are the background of my blog! Funny thing is, I just picked that background when I started this blog, because I thought "hmm, that looks Ireland-y.) I was rockin' my UVA shirt while there, and I even got a couple of wahoowas! Clearly, everyone just loves us cavaliers ;)

But on a more serious note, I just can't believe how beautiful the earth is that God created! It truly proves how the Bible says that God is an artist and a painter.

Doesn't it just make you want to worship?

Doesn't it just make you want to praise Him in thankfulness?

The earth he created is so beautiful! And I feel so blessed that I've had this opportunity to see more of it.

And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart beats violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way
He loves us

Blog post title - How He Loves US - David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment