“It will come to you, this love of the land. There’s no gettin’ away from it if you’re Irish.” – Gerald O’Hara, Gone With the Wind

Thursday, July 7, 2011

let the rain fall down and wake my dreams

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

So the weather here in Dublin is very unpredictable. It is either a lovely day (and all you need is a nice jacket! - sorry I had to put that in there. Miss Congeniality anyone?) or it is cold and rainy. You always have to be prepared for both!

So while all of you back in the good 'ol US of A are gettin' that summa sun and nice, golden tans, us Dubliners here are wearing trench coats (but mine is mighty cute i must say) and carrying our brellies (what they call umbrellas).

Except for yesterday.

I always bring my coat and umbrella to work, but rarely find that I really need it, and it just becomes one more thing I have to carry. So yesterday I decided to just bring my sweater and forgo the coat.

And of course that is the day when I step outside of work and it is a pure whirlwind! There is rain going in every direction because of the strong winds, and me and my new Calvin Klein dress are getting soaked.

But you just gotta laugh at it all! I'm sure I looked quite pitiful walking back to my apartment with my umbrella being pulled by the wind and soaked through.

Oh, Dublin, you always keep a girl on her toes ;)

And Calvin Klein? He's fine too :)

Blog post title - Come Clean by Hilary Duff

No comments:

Post a Comment